Tuesday, March 20

A Spring Arrangement

I have begun to write for a small local magazine - so I suppose you could say I have a column!!!

The idea is I give styling ideas through the year... Ideas that are easily achievable.

My first contribution was somewhat of a sharp learning curve, I had ideas of Easter, Mother's Day Spring, flowers, eggs, blossom, birds, but what would  I write... after my first draft Debbie the Editor said it may help if I worked with an image - This was great advise, and gave me the direction I needed. I gathered props and created some vignettes.

I wanted there to be a softness to the images and the for the lovely colour to pop. Joanne Withers of Nine Photo's captured this beautifully and the images we created gave me the inspiration as what to write.

You can see the article here...

{A SPRING ARRANGEMENT}.








10 comments:

  1. Very beautiful Debbie!!
    I have to check out your new column!
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pamela - it's only very small...
      Debbie
      X

      Delete
  2. Debbie, this is beautiful!
    I would love to have you submit something to my new magazine! Your photos are lovely! Oh, I see Mandy on your sidebar! She's writing "for me" too! She is so wonderful isn't she????
    I love you blog - haven't been here in ages... off to snoop around a bit more!
    Blessings,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Angela,

    I have not posted for a while and it is so great to get feed back when I do.
    How lovely for you to be working with Mandy...
    Yes I would love to submit something for your new Magazine - to be asked is very exciting.

    Tweet me https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/powderblue

    Debbie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful. I love the blog and the shop. When I was at uni in Leicester I used love to come to the shop for inspiration. xx

    http://dandelionsandkisses.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. If you get back to Leicester any time, pop in and say hello?
      Debbie
      X

      Delete
  5. Just read the article - what a lovely idea, and such beautiful images. You really have such a wonderful gift for styling, so lovely to see your ideas - have been a huge fan of the shop and blog for a while. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind words Mrs. Sutton.
    Lovely to hear from you
    Debbie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie,
    I just stumbled upon your blog and I think it is just fabulous!!~
    Congratulations on your column!! What an awesome opportunity.
    Your photos are stunning as well!!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.
      I did the styling and organised the props for this shoot and Joanne Withers of Nine Photos took these photographs.

      Delete

Thank you we love hearing from you x