Thursday, July 7

Sea View in Kernow

Dear Diary.
A long weekend by the sea for some R & R...

Looking out over The English Channel
 Peeking over the high hedge rows that are so indicative of Cornwall, we crane our necks to be the first to see the sea... reminiscent of childhood; it's that thrill I feel, the anticipation and excitement of being by the sea, and all it's possibilities; beach combing, rock pooling, snorkelling, looking for crabs, collecting shells, skimming pebbles, cliff top walks...

{For many an artist it has, and continues to be a source of so much inspiration}

 
Sea Urchin & Tea in bed - Driftwood









 Listening to the sound of waves lapping below and curlews peeling overhead, I'm looking out over the sea, whilst having a cup of tea in the luxury of my bed - can it get any better than this? Sometimes we are disappointed in our choices; somehow they don't quite come up to our expectations, this time I can't believe how lucky I am, this place is a slice of heaven.

There is no where I feel more at home, than when I'm by the sea, and here at the Driftwood, I couldn't be any closer. Meandering down to the rocky cove I feel I'm walking in the pages of "Rebecca".

Sea view
The Hotel interiors and bed rooms are relaxed Beach House. Inviting big cosy chairs, linens and faded blues, piles of "must look" books, hurricanes, candles, sand and shells. A telescope to watch the passing yachts out at sea and to investigate the ever changing craggy coast line.

Flip Flops - Driftwood

After breakfast, we are taking the little path down to our beach, a picnic of fresh local crab, home made bread and a bottle of Cornish bubbly...

How lovely it is to be by the sea! 



PS - lots to tell and show, will post more soon...

{Catherine Du Maurier wrote my favourite novel in 1938 whilst living at nearby Fowey. She lived here until 1967; on the river next to where the Bodinnick Ferry now runs}

{Kernow is Cornish for Cornwall}







1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me your comments...
Debbie x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.