Sunday, July 31

Emery & Cie

I stumbled on EMERY & Cie by chance, whilst on a buying trip in Belgium,  some beautifully coloured tiles drew me in...


Entering into the unassuming shop of Emery & Cie in Brussels for the first time, I was totally unaware what treasures were to await me and the hours I would spend wandering through this palace of colour and texture. Some may find crumbling walls and peeling paint a total turn off, but for me it's my Shangri-La, and a love affair I have never forgotten {that was 6 years ago}. I was blown away by the atmosphere of the place and I loved it all.

I recollect stepping through a dingy passage way into the vast main stairwell of the building. The staircase looked wobbly and the treads had a distinct lean; could I really go up there? Nothing indicated I could or more precisely, nothing said I couldn't; so ascend I did... 




 
And so I fell in love with EMERY & Cie... not only the place, but the product as well. It is a symbiosis of the two and heart achingly beautiful. What a talent Agnès Emery is.


Brussels is a very stylish and friendly city,  with lots to tempt you, let's not forget those Belgian Chocolates!!! I stayed at LE DIXSEPTIEME  walking distance to EMERY & Cie

EMERY & Cie. Rue de l'Hôpital 27, Brussels 1000

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous post! I really enjoyed this!
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pamela, so pleased you did - a bit of a trip down memory lane for me
    Debbie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,
    I can see exactly why you love this place-those shades of turquoise and aqua are gorgeous! I also love those beautifully patterned tiles and walls.
    I hope that you are enjoying your summer!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colors are great and the photos in the hotel (right?) make me miss my buying trips to Europe back when I was merchandising... Have you been to Antwerp? That is another amazing city. Can't read a word on the street signs but it was so beautiful to wander through the city. And the best stores too! It's all about Weiner Werkstatte in Antwerp!
    xo CP

    ReplyDelete

Thank you we love hearing from you x